Main Features:
* userfriendly and GUI based PIV tool
* multi-pass, multi-grid window deformation technique
* import bmp/ tiff/ jpeg image pairs/ series
* multiple image sequencing styles
* individual image masking and region of interest
* image pre-processing
* two different sub-pixel estimators
* multiple vector validation methods
* magnitude/ vorticity/ divergence/ shear / ...
* data smoothing, vector field highpass
* multiple colormaps
* streamlines
* extensive data extraction tools
* statistics
* synthetic PIV image generator
* Many data export features
* main features accessible via comand line scripting

Saturday, July 1, 2017

PIVlab direct download

Hi everybody! For those who do not want to register on the Matlab website in order to download PIVlab, I added a direct link to the zip archive (see the column on the right side). You can also click here to get the zipped PIVlab toolbox:

http://william.thielicke.org/PIVlab/PIVlab.zip

There were no updates of PIVlab since quite a while. The reason is that I am currently not working with particle image velocimetry after I finished my PhD. That is a pity. But the good thing is that I converted one of my other hobbies into a profession: Since 2014, I am working as a mechanical design engineer at TobyRich GmbH. Over there, I am responsible for the design of fixed-wing drones, which is - similar to doing PIV - a lot of fun.
I am sorry that (in most cases) I can not react to your emails or forum entries. My life is currently filled up with too many other things that require my attention.
Success with your analyses!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot. the pivlab has successfully help me accomplish my theses. is there any possibility that pivlab are expanded to 3d piv?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this! You really did had me at the very first line! You really do understand the pain your audience go through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart work! Really interesting to read the article! You deserve great appreciation and expect many more good quality articles from you! Keep writing!medical education fellowship
    visit the site

    ReplyDelete